Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Is she the best for ME?

The two ladies sat in front of me. To my right is Su Lan. To the left is Vgin. I've been with Su Lan for almost 2 years now. I met Vgin 2 months ago. I know i have to make a choice. This is my future.

In the 2 years i spent with Su Lan, one hand is adequate to keep track of the happy memories we had have. I know i will never be happy with Su Lan if i continue this relationship. I'm not madly in love with Vgin either but she offers me a window of hope. She can offer me renewed enthusiasm to wake up every morning and embrace her. The choice is obvious- marry me Vgin!

As i knelt down to my left and reaching out for the platinum ring, my parents stormed into the room and both exclaimed in coherence, "STOP THIS NONSENSE".

Me: Pa, Ma, shouldn't i be the one determining my own happiness?

Ma: You are too short sighted and ridden with emotions to make a wise decision, my son.

Me: I thought i explained myself clearly, Su Lan does not know any other pattern. And you know how artistic i am during my "performance". I have not been able to perform up to my usual high standard of thrice a day. But the thought of Vgin itself can make me shoot down the burung gagak in Bangsar.

Pa: I understand son, we both have seriously thought about it, and we are sure you've made the wrong choice and one day when you look back you'll thank us.

Me: You are not giving me a concrete reason! I can't see why this decision is wrong, to myself and also to the family. With me regaining to my former self i will have no problem planting the seed into Vgin for the continuity of this family. Isn't that your no.1 priority?

Ma: Yes, that's what we want. That's why we chose Su Lan for you...cause she got damn huge butt!!!

Pa: Somemore Su Lan can be part time maid for the family since she knows how to cook and wash. Smart leh, son.

I know the choice has been made for me. And i'm powerless to overturn their decision. They have their own agenda behind the decision which suits them best, but not for me. I disagree with their rationale, but had to accept it in the end.

An analogy of the corporate world. You can voice your preference, but they will decide what's best for you. Sigh.

No comments: