Saturday, January 13, 2007

Borneo Headhunters

Had a memorable Christmas last year in Kuching and got myself a lovely souvenir from Borneo Headhunters. No, they did not sell me any of these;



in fact, they're an establishment who offers mostly services rather than products.

There are many reasons why people get a tattoo, be it pure addiction, symbolization, triad members, wannabes or just to show off how "cool" they are; i get my tattoo because i see it as a piece of art.

Nope, this is not what i got on my body. I probably can't afford the hefty charges and most importantly it's gonna hurt real bad. Yes, it's a myth when people tell you the pain from during tattoing as mild as ants biting. Bullshit. Frankly, i dunno how this guy's gonna shit for the next couple of days.

The owner which is the artist in this establishment has won various awards including a couple of H.R.Giger Awards back in year 2001. This alone made me and GB insist in getting ourself inked here.

The dimly illuminated crime scene sets the mood for the victims. It resembles a makeshift surgeon's operating theatre.

The artist started working on GB, which turned out to be perfect;

Then it was my turn. Soon, my tribal Iban "protectors" were embeded.

"The pain will come and go, but the beauty will last forever" - source unknown

3 comments:

Boss Stewie said...

HAHAHAHA

Alex Del Kanto said...

Yo boss, your eyes are playing tricks on you. Does that make your eyes better? *grin*

Boss Stewie said...

yesyes