Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Redang – Underwater Paradise

Caught a last-minute trip to Redang with a a group of strangers bar 1 couple of weeks back. Was invited by my colleague W to join her bro’s diving trip since one from the group chickened out at the 11th hour.

I was eager as much as nervous for this trip since my last dive was back in Jan 06. I admit i've even forgotten how to fix the equipment. I wouldn’t want to be a butt-joke to this group of strangers if when I struggled underwater yet I craving to see those fishes and creatures hiding amongst corals. Classic case of lust triumphing over ego.

Another added incentive was to try out the underwater casing I got from the Canon warehouse few months back. Typical me, a good bargain is what I savor most. What i had was just a tiny dagger in comparison to the extensive weaponry the rest carried.
At the end of the day I’m happy with few excellent shots of Nemo though the best shots were taken by my dive buddy, SS.
Shots from SS's bigger "weapon":

The highlight of this trip was going for my first night dive and also deep dive. Since SS and E was taking their advance diving course, got a chance to tag along for these dives usually not permitted for Open-Water diver like myself.

The down side was that I didn’t have a chance to see any REAL mermaids. Only this. Bummer.

No comments: